Conditions for entering the show and sale
- All sheep must be registered with Grassroots at the point of entry into the show and sale.
- You have to be a fully paid up full member of the Valais Blacknose Sheep Breed Society on the 1st June of the year of the show.
- All animals presented must be in good health at the point of the show and sale.
- Once entered into the show your sheep must be put forward for the sale.
- Each breeder is allowed to enter a maximum of 2 rams.
Show and Sale @ Sedgemoor Auction Centre 2019
The inaugural show and sale was held at Sedgemoor Auction Centre and attracted a quality entry. Mr R Clarke a well known Exmoor Horn and Devon Closewool breeder from North Devon, had the task of judging the pre-sale show. Mr Clarke found his champion in Blackertor Evita, an in-lamb shearling ewe from D Hodge and J Walters and reserve went to R Snouckaerts’ group two shearling ram, Noblesse Frescobaldi.
The Sale attracted a huge crowd around the ring with spirited bidding. The champion Blackertor Evita set a new sheep record at Sedgemoor auction centre and female breed record of 7000gns. Another in-lamb Blackertor shearling ewe Elizabeth sold for 5500gns. E Collisons shearling ewe Gemstones Penny sold for 4200gns.
Top priced ewe lamb went to C Slee and T Hoopers’ Halsbury Gertrude, 5500gns. Her pen mate Halsbury Gloria then went into the ring and sold for 4500gns. The Blackertor flocks ewe lamb, Fuchsia also sold for 4500gns.
Rams sold well with the reserve champion Frescobaldi selling for 3200gns. D Hodge and J Walters sold their first prize ram lamb for 3500gns.
It was an unbelievable day proving there is still a huge amount of interest in the breed.
The auctioneers have announced the date for this years RBST show and sale which is the same time as last year, Thursday 3rd September 2020. We hope to attract a larger entry this year to build on the success of last year, see you there.